Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of Laurie Kohrs services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
• the type of information that is collected
• how the collected information is used and with whom it is shared
• how we protect the information and whether the information will be disclosed to anyone else
• how you can have such information modified and/or removed
• when Laurie Kohrs may use your details to contact you;
• your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Our websites may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information that you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What Information will Laurie Kohrs collect about me?
Information You Provide to Us:
Laurie Kohrs collects information about you that you choose to provide us when you sign up for a Laurie Kohrs Account, visit our website, complete forms online, request quotes, subscribe to our e-newsletters, enter a contest, participate in surveys, register for a promotion, order a download, or stream a video, participate in chats and blogs on the Site or otherwise communicate with us online.
Some of this information is automatically collected, and some is collected when you interact with our Site. The type of information that is automatically collected can include date and time of access of the Site, the Internet protocol address of the computer that you are using, the domain and host from which you access the Internet, your browser software and operating system, and the specific activities you are engaged in while visiting the Site.
Personal Information, including your name, postal address, and e-mail address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth may also be collected by Laurie Kohrs at the Site. Different services or webpages may ask for different personal information .Of course, you may choose not to provide certain information to Laurie Kohrs, but if so, you may not be able to participate in certain Laurie Kohrs activities and transactions.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Laurie Kohrs and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular services (e.g. chat forums) you may be asked to provide or you may volunteer additional personal information and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. your political opinions, religious beliefs, sex life or health).
How will Laurie Kohrs use the Information They Collect About Me?
The Personal Information collected by Laurie Kohrs may be used by Laurie Kohrs for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to :
• to communicate with you, send notices (e.g. for Account information, order information, subscription renewals, etc.) respond to your requests, and analyze and improve Laurie Kohrs’s products, its business and/or its service to you.
• for service administration purposes, which means that Laurie Kohrs may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in section When will Laurie Kohrs contact me? below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
• to notify you of changes to our service;
• to contact you about a submission you have made to our websites or magazines, including any content you provide (follow the link to our Code of Conduct at the bottom of the main pages of our websites for more details about making online submissions);
• Laurie Kohrs may use this information to send you e-mail newsletters, promotional offers with respect to goods or services of a particular brand or other types of communications on behalf of Laurie Kohrs and/or its affiliates. All e-mail newsletters and promotional offers will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of such newsletters or to opt out of receiving future promotional offers with respect to such brand.
• to personalise or improve the way Laurie Kohrs content and advertising is presented to you online. Laurie Kohrs may collect your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet) and place cookies (see section Cookies Policy below) for the purpose of improving our sites and enhancing your user experience, sometimes including the display of selected ads which are appropriate to your browsing pattern. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you;
• IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users,
• the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
• to analyse and improve the services offered by a Laurie Kohrs website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience;
• to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
• to meet product orders or requests for services or information; to process payments; and to keep our records up to date;
• where you have specifically consented to be contacted for these purposes, to send you direct marketing by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products that you may be interested in;
• to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf; and
• where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you.
• We may also use your Personal Information to communicate with you to ask for your input to help in our research about our services, events, or products or to provide you with additional information about this Site and about other Laurie Kohrs websites, products, services, or events that we think might be of interest to you. In some cases, Laurie Kohrs may also use your Personal Information to send you relevant, carefully screened e-mails or other communications on behalf of reputable third parties. All such communications will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future third party offers from Laurie Kohrs You may also, at any time, opt-out of receiving any third-party offers from this Site by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you communicate with Laurie Kohrs electronically, via e-mail or otherwise, you consent to Laurie Kohrs’s use of the information you have provided, and you further consent to receive electronic communications from Laurie Kohrs If you would prefer not to receive such communications, please e-mail and so advise.
For information about the how to opt out of specific advertisers’ information tracking and collection processes in conjunction with links, online ads, etc., please visit such advertisers’ websites.
Laurie Kohrs e-Mailings:
If you wish to subscribe to our Laurie Kohrs e-Mailings, we ask for your contact information (such as name and e-mail address) and information about your geographic region, professional interests, and responsibilities. By completing the required forms and providing them to Laurie Kohrs, you consent to Laurie Kohrs’s use and sharing of the information you have provided, and you further consent to receive electronic communications from Laurie Kohrs You may also opt out of receiving these communications at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with your request.
Registration and Ordering:
When participating in certain of our webcasts, signing up for a Laurie Kohrs Account, entering online contests and giveaways, using certain website functionality, ordering products or services, and signing up for certain selected online services (such as free or paid subscriptions, classes, downloads and streaming videos), you may first be required to register.
Will Laurie Kohrs Share My Personal Information with Anyone Else?
Without restriction, Laurie Kohrs may disclose aggregated statistics about visitors to its Site, along with specific information concerning individual visitors of its Site that is not Personal Information, provided that no specific individual can be identified by the information so disclosed.
Laurie Kohrs may sometimes seek to share the Personal Information it has collected with a third party, and may also sometimes seek to share such Personal Information with companies that are affiliated with and/or working with Laurie Kohrs Laurie Kohrs may sometimes use a third party to provide certain services on its behalf, such as processing transactions, sending e-mails, subscription or product fulfilment, charging your credit card for your purchases from the Site, billing, research, list cleansing, postal mailings or performing statistical analyses of activity on our websites. For example, Laurie Kohrs may use established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions to handle credit card transactions and order fulfilment for the Site, and such institutions would receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
In compliance with privacy laws, we also may provide our opt-out lists to third party companies who send communications on Laurie Kohrs’s behalf to seek to ensure that communications are not sent to those who have opted-out of receiving such communications. We only deal with third party companies whom we believe share our commitment to privacy and who will keep your information secure. In the event that Laurie Kohrs provides certain of your Personal Information to any such entity, Laurie Kohrs will require that any such entity maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information that Laurie Kohrs has provided to it and not further share such information other than as necessary to provide services to you or to Laurie Kohrs Laurie Kohrs may sometimes share Personal Information with sponsors of Promotions on the Laurie Kohrs Site, or with sponsors or advertisers of “premium” content. Laurie Kohrs will always disclose when you are registering for such a Promotion or requesting such content.
We will only disclose your data to third party data processors with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service. The data processors to whom we may pass your data will be Laurie Kohrs companies and appropriately contracted third parties. Otherwise, we will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as describedsection Offensive or inappropriate content on Laurie Kohrs’s websites below.
Laurie Kohrs will require all third party data processors to whom your information is disclosed to comply strictly with its instructions and Laurie Kohrs will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Where we share your information with Laurie Kohrs and third party companies which are situated outside the RSA we will ensure they treat your information with the same protection we do.
When Will Laurie Kohrs Contact Me?
Laurie Kohrs may contact you:
• in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Laurie Kohrs can deliver the services to you;
• in relation to any contribution you have made to any Laurie Kohrs website, message board or other service;
• where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence;
• to invite you to participate in surveys about Laurie Kohrs services (participation is always voluntary);
• to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Laurie Kohrs; and
• for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see section 6: Will I be contacted for marketing purposes? below).
Our magazines or websites will give you detailed information about how Laurie Kohrs will contact you in relation to specific services.
Will I be Contacted For Marketing Pursposes?
Laurie Kohrs won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you agree to be contacted for these purposes.
Offensive or Inappropriate Content on Laurie Kohrs Websites.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on a Laurie Kohrs website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, Laurie Kohrs may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Laurie Kohrs reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of the law (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Laurie Kohrs may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
A Special Note About Children’s Privacy (Under 16’s)
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to Laurie Kohrs Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
You must be at least 16 years old to have our permission to use this Site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information about visitors under 16 years of age. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16 years of age and believe that they have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete the child’s information
How Long Will Laurie Kohrs Keep My Personal Information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Laurie Kohrs or Laurie Kohrs’s corporate retention schedule. If you wish to cancel your registration with any of Laurie Kohrs’s websites, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions on the relevant website. If you change your profile to opt-out of receiving communications, your record may stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Where you contribute to a Laurie Kohrs service or website, Laurie Kohrs will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Can I Find Out What Personal Information Laurie Kohrs Holds About Me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Laurie Kohrs holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge R550 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
To View or Change Your Information
You may update and/or correct the Personal Information collected on this Site, or seek to have such information removed from Laurie Kohrs’s records by contacting us using our contact details provided and instructing us as to what type of changes need be made.
Acquisition of Business
In the event that Laurie Kohrs is involved in a merger, acquisition, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation, sale or similar transaction relating to any portion of its business and/or assets, you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Personal Information that Laurie Kohrs has collected may be included in the assets and/or transferred pursuant to such transaction. If that occurs, Laurie Kohrs will post a notice to such effect on this Site.
From time to time, the Site may contain links to other websites that are not controlled and/or maintained by Laurie Kohrs Please be aware that these other websites may have different privacy policies which may subject you to different privacy practices. Please review the privacy policies of such other websites for information concerning what information is collected on such sites and how it is used.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Laurie Kohrs features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse your profile when you visit and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit to gardenersworld.com you requested the weather report for your area, then the next time you visited our cookie could enable us to recognise your machine and offer you the latest weather for your area without you having to re-enter your details.
Use of “Cookies” and Other Technologies: Laurie Kohrs may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how its visitors make use of this Site. This aggregate tracking information is non-personally identifiable and is used to help Laurie Kohrs improve and enhance the website experience for all of its visitors. The cookies we store on your computer are not accessible on any other companies’ websites.
Additionally, some ads on our Site are provided by outside companies. If these ads contain cookies, only those advertisers can access them; Laurie Kohrs does not have access to the cookies of these advertisers. Laurie Kohrs may also use third parties to allow you to stream and / or download classes, videos or other webcasts, and the services provided by such third parties may require cookies in connection with your streaming or downloading of such digital content.
If you would prefer not to have such cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by so rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this Site.
Like many websites, Laurie Kohrs may use pixel tags, also known as web beacons, clear gifs, or web bugs. Pixel tags help us improve our understanding of our web traffic and visitor behaviour, as well as gauge the response to our promotional efforts. This information is non-personally identifiable and is used for an aggregate picture of how visitors use our Site.
Security of Information
Laurie Kohrs maintains reasonable standards of confidentiality and security for this Site and the Personal Information collected from this Site. The Personal Information you provide is secured using industry standard e-commerce security technology. Laurie Kohrs also restricts its own employees’ access to Personal Information. However, it is possible that someone may intercept or access communications, transmissions and/or Personal Information. You must also seek to protect against unauthorized access to any passwords and/or accounts that you use in connection with this Site, and you should remember to log off of the Site once you have completed your activities on the Site or if you have decided to step away from your computer. In the event that Laurie Kohrs determines that there has been a security breach resulting in the unauthorized disclosure of Personal Information to a third party, Laurie Kohrs will notify consumers whose Personal Information has been so disclosed by posting information on the Site and, if email contact is possible, then also by sending an email advisory with respect to the situation
Contacting Laurie Kohrs About This Privacy
Copyright © 2016 Laurie Kohrs All Rights Reserved
Laurie Kohrs and the Laurie Kohrs logo (or any other applicable mark) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Laurie Kohrs All other marks are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.